more stable, more features, more fun
Introducing IV:MP 0.1 RC1
In the past year I did not really expect to write this but well, we are finally releasing the first stable version of IV:MP 0.1.
It has been hard months, not only for the team, but also for the community. IV:MP often stood at the edge of failure but in the end it seems to have all gone well.
Before I want to talk about the new features I would like to thank several people for what they have done:
- Cameron: For hosting our servers and being the guy, who always did something if you asked him for.
- jenksta: For developing IV:MP for years and creating the base this version now uses. I hope to see you more active in the future, not only as developer, but also as a friend who had a lot of fun with us, not only on the IRC.
- adamix: For being our russian guy who might be a bit lazy, but also helped a lot on IV:MP development. Also thanks to you for what you did in the vip IRC chan in order to cheer us up sometimes.
- FRi: For saving IV:MP by becoming the new active developer. Without you IV:MP would probably not even exist anymore. Thank you for all.
- MiniYoda: For having so many plans which did not always succeed (yet). Anways, thank you for all the parties, girls and for being our legal guy.
- The community: For being so patient, for helping us testing and also for commiting your patches to IV:MP. You are the reason this mod is still made so enjoy this release.
Let us talk about IV:MP 0.1 RC1 now. This release ends the mark of support for IV:MP 0.1 Beta 1 and IV:MP 0.1 T3 R2. Please note that both masterlists have been already shut down and it is advised to upgrade to IV:MP 0.1 RC1.
As the changelog from 0.1 Beta 1 to 0.1 RC1 is pretty long it is not included in this post. However you can view the whole changelog by clicking here
Last but not least the whole team wishes you lots of fun with this new version. Please not that most of your scripts need to be adapted in order to work properly with IV:MP 0.1 RC1. For more information consult our wiki
Please note that this is a release canditate
, which means that this version may still contain bugs, but is usable for the daily use. Also this release canditate does not support serials as Beta 1 did. Please note that this feature will be provided in the upcoming RC2 release. In addition to that, CEGUI bugs may occur as we still need some feedback about it in order to fix everything.
, which feature important rules for commercial server hosting
IV:MP 0.1 RC1 (Linux Server) - Due to last minute compiling issues it will be provided in the upcoming hoursIV:MP 0.1 Module SDK (R4)
Please note that in order to play IV:MP properly you must have a original copy of GTA IV (unmodded). It is also advised to not use a modified .exe as this will reduce the stability.
These are the following things you'll need to do in order to play IV:MP properly and stable.
- Check if GTA IV Patch 220.127.116.11 is installed and GTA IV works properly
- Check if Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/2008 is properly installed (x86 on 32Bit systems or x86 and x64 on 64Bit systems)
- Check if you got the latest version of DirectX (If you are not sure just get the newest one from the official site)
- Update all your graphics card drivers (NVidia, ATI, Intel,...)
- Be sure to have the version of XLive (Games for Windows Live) installed, which was delivered with your GTA IV disc. (If you are not sure you may download the following: http://martinkonrad.square7.ch/Desktop.rar)
- Check if all Net.Frameworks are installed (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx)
- Run IV:MP as Administrator
- Disable UAC
- If IV:MP crashes at startup may try to use a compatibility mode and replace any spaces to your GTA IV directory with underlines (e.g. C:\GTA IV -> C:\GTA_IV)
- If nothing works you may read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 and get in contact with the IV:MP development team